General Careers Information
- The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice. This is supported by qualified careers advisers.
- Careers South West CSW Providing information, advice and guidance. Advisors come into school and meet with Y11 and Sixth Form students to talk about their futures. Students and Parents can also contact CSW directly via phone email or live web chat.
- Careerpilot Plan your study & work. Your choices at 14, 16 and 18, explore different job sectors and how you can study and work at the same time – even to university level.
- Success at School is the place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice.
- A FREE downloadable guide for parents and carers, packed full of advice to help you steer your child through the confusing world of careers choices.
- Careermap is an online career resource that provides live post-16 opportunities, such as apprenticeship vacancies, college courses, university and graduate options. They also offer career advice and guidance so young people can make well-informed decisions to enhance their futures!
- TARGETcareers exists to help young people make choices about their future. We do this by providing expert information and advice on the range of career possibilities available and the best routes into them.
- Careers Zone Explore our Career Zones to find out all about the different jobs you can do, what to study and how to get there, whether you’re planning to leave school or heading to college or uni.
- All About Careers is a fully interactive website with overviews of a number of different sectors.
- All About School Leavers offers advice on Apprenticeships, University, Studying at college and the world of work.
- BBC Bitesize Careers Whether you’re deciding what to study, taking your exams, planning a career, or just curious, we’re here to explain the world of work, with advice from people who’ve found the right path for them.
- Heart of the South West Careers Hub – Information and support for parents/carers
- icould has a range of video clips showing real people talking about their jobs and careers.
- Careersbox is the national careers film library, a free careers resource showing hundreds of real people doing real jobs.
- How2Become.com is the UK’s leading careers and educational information and development website. From here, you can learn how to write a CV, how to complete an application form, how to pass psychometric tests and also how to pass any job interview.
- Start – Get inspired about the world of work by researching industries, jobs and employers. Find out what skills they value and how to stand out from the crowd when applying for jobs.
- The Nine To Five With Stacey Dooley – Stacey takes five 16-18 year olds into industries crying out for young workers to give them the ultimate work experience.
Post 16 Options & Higher Education
- Qualifications Explained – a chart with the most common qualifications in terms of what level they are and where they can lead.
- Next Steps South West (NSSW) is a collaboration of fourteen partner universities and colleges throughout Cornwall, Devon and Somerset. As the region’s National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP), we help young people navigate their own personal journey to higher education
- UCAS – what qualifications are there for 16-18 year olds
- UCAS Virtual Tours – virtual tours and videos from universities and colleges, so you can see what it’s like on campus and what facilities are available.
- Not Going to Uni – the one stop site for apprenticeships, gap years, distance learning and jobs
- Push is a social enterprise that aims to help students make informed decisions about their future after school or college, whether that means employment or higher education.
- Apprenticeships The Central Governments dedicated apprenticeship website has a whole range of information to help young people decide if Apprenticeships are the right route for them. You can also search for apprenticeship vacancies.
- Amazing Apprenticeships Vacancy Snapshot can help you find a variety of apprenticeship vacancies coming up soon.
- Apprenticeship Parent Pack -resources for parents to explore from home
Medical and Healthcare Careers
- Step into the NHS
- Medical Mavericks
- Health Careers
- Allied Health Professions
- Health Careers – 350 Careers, One NHS, Your Future | PDF
- Careers in Care
Careers in Construction
Careers in Hospitality
Careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths)
- Chemistry Careers
- Physics Careers
- Biology Careers
- Maths Careers
- TechFuture Carers
- One Minute Mentor – 1 minute videos explaining career paths in the video games and wider creative digital industries
- Future Morph
- Tomorrow’s Engineers
- This is Engineering
- Careers in the Automotive Industry
- Careers at Sea
- Working in Rail
Careers in the Armed Forces
- Army Recruitment
- Royal Air Force Recruitment
- Royal Navy Careers
- Armed Forces Careers Office, Exeter – 01392 271533
Careers in the Creative Industries
- Screen Skills works to develop skills and talent in the UK screen industry