Year 10 Work Experience Week – 1st to 5th July 2019
As part of the school careers education and guidance programme all Year 10 students will be taking part in a work experience scheme for one week in the summer term.
What can work experience do for students?
- Gain experience about working conditions
- Find out about careers/jobs by working with people doing the job
- Meet new people and ask about the jobs they are doing
- Discover new skills and talents
- Help form a connection between school subjects and working life
- The opportunity to gain in confidence
- Help in the transition from school to work or further education
Organising a placement
- Where possible we expect students to organise their own work placement as the experience of placement hunting is of real value
- Use family contacts
- Access the work placement database
- Speak to your subject teachers/form tutor
- Visit the Careers Coordinator, Mrs Hussain, in the Careers Office
What is important is to be organised and start placement hunting as early as possible, popular placements are filled very quickly so use the help available and secure a placement which will be interesting and enjoyable.