COVID Vaccination/ HPV 16/2/2022
The school aged immunisation team will be attending your child’s school on 16/2/2022 to offer the Covid-19 vaccination for 1st and 2nd doses. If you would like your child to receive this vaccination and they haven’t already received this please complete the consent via the link below:
Important points to note:
- This is a new consent and will need to be completed for all children who would like to receive the Covid-19 vaccination at school regardless of any consent previously completed.
- Although this session is primarily for second doses, If your child has not received their first Covid vaccination and you would like them to receive this now, please complete this consent form to allow us to offer the first dose at the session.
- YEAR 9 only – if you have completed a consent for HPV either in the previous year or this year and your child has not received the full course (of 2 vaccines) this is likely to be offered at the same time as the Covid vaccination. Please read all the information with regards to both vaccinations and only complete the Covid consent if you are happy for your child to receive both vaccinations on the same day.
- If you do not want your child to receive the Covid vaccination you can also complete a consent as a ‘decline’. Please note if you child lives in joint households and two consents are to be completed please ensure the home address that the child is registered with the GP is used (as this allows us to identify any conflicting consents) and if possible agree a consistent consent response for your child and complete one consent only
- While we will be working with external workforce (from vaccine centres) to complete vaccinations for all those we have consent for, there are occasions due to multiple reasons this may not be possible and we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the ‘parallel offer’ to receive this vaccinations through local vaccine centres booking via the National Booking System Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination – NHS (www.nhs.uk) or through a walk-in, find a walk-in centre through Find a walk-in coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination site – NHS (www.nhs.uk) or by calling 119. We thank you for your understanding with this and will vaccinate as many children as possible at each session.
- The link for the consent for your child’s school will close at mid-night on 7/2/2022 – this is to ensure safe and efficient planning of the session therefore please ensure it is completed before this time to avoid disappointment.
- Please note a further clinical check will be made with your child at point of vaccination therefore please make sure they are aware of any medical conditions or medications they are taking.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our Single Point of Access (SPA) team who will be happy to help either on 0300 247 0082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.