At Teignmouth Community School we are committed to providing all our students in years 7 to 13 with a comprehensive planned programme of careers education, along with information, advice and guidance in partnership with external providers & professionals. We believe that giving students the correct careers education and guidance can improve their motivation to learn and help them to achieve.
New statutory guidance for careers
January 2018 saw the introduction of new statutory guidance for careers. We are working towards achieving the eight Gatsby benchmarks linked to this guidance, much of which is already in place;
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
For more information on the Gatsby benchmarks click on the logo above.