At Teignmouth Community School we are committed to providing all our students in years 7 to 13 with a comprehensive planned programme of careers education, along with information, advice and guidance in partnership with external providers & professionals. We believe that giving students the correct careers education and guidance can improve their motivation to learn and help them to achieve.
New statutory guidance for careers
January 2018 saw the introduction of new statutory guidance for careers. We are working towards achieving the eight Gatsby benchmarks linked to this guidance, much of which is already in place;
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
For more information on the Gatsby benchmarks click on the logo above.
Our provision, which will be adapted as needs and opportunities arise, includes:
• Careers Fairs and workshops
• PSHE Lessons
• Guest Speakers
• Tutor Sessions
• Work Experience (Y10 & Y12)
• Mock Interviews (Y10 & 12)
• One to one independent careers advice and personal guidance
• Visits to Further and Higher Education Establishments
• Visits to Employers
• Celebration of National Careers Week
Links are being constantly maintained and developed further with local Further Education Colleges, Sixth Forms, UTC’s and Universities.
Download our full Careers Education and Work Experience Plan and Provider Access Statement below:
Can you help?
To support the school’s careers programme we are always looking for professionals to work with us. Are you able to act as a mock interviewer? Can you offer careers talks? Can you offer work experience placements for our students in your workplace?
If you would like to be involved please contact Joanne Hussain, Careers Leader to discuss opportunities for you to join our programme. email@example.com