General Careers Information
- The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice. This is supported by qualified careers advisers.
- Careers South West – CSW Group Providing information, advice and guidance. Advisors come into school and meet with Y11 and Sixth Form students to talk about their futures. Students and Parents can also contact CSW directly via phone email or live web chat.
- Careerpilot Plan your study & work. Your choices at 14, 16 and 18, explore different job sectors and how you can study and work at the same time – even to university level.
- YourGamePlan Provides free access to online courses and industry-proven tools to help you stand out from the competitive crowd.
- Success at School is the place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice.
- Careermap is an online career resource that provides live post-16 opportunities, such as apprenticeship vacancies, college courses, university and graduate options. They also offer career advice and guidance so young people can make well-informed decisions to enhance their futures!
- TARGETcareers exists to help young people make choices about their future. We do this by providing expert information and advice on the range of career possibilities available and the best routes into them.
- Careers Zone Explore our Career Zones to find out all about the different jobs you can do, what to study and how to get there, whether you’re planning to leave school or heading to college or uni.
- All About Careers is a fully interactive website with overviews of a number of different sectors.
- All About School Leavers offers advice on Apprenticeships, University, Studying at college and the world of work.
- BBC Bitesize Careers Whether you’re deciding what to study, taking your exams, planning a career, or just curious, we’re here to explain the world of work, with advice from people who’ve found the right path for them.
- icould has a range of video clips showing real people talking about their jobs and careers.
- Careersbox is the national careers film library, a free careers resource showing hundreds of real people doing real jobs.
- Jobted where you will find a career that matches your education and skills.
- How2Become.com is the UK’s leading careers and educational information and development website. From here, you can learn how to write a CV, how to complete an application form, how to pass psychometric tests and also how to pass any job interview.
- The Nine To Five With Stacey Dooley – Stacey takes five 16-18 year olds into industries crying out for young workers to give them the ultimate work experience.
- How to write a CV – Tips and advice to help you land a job.
Career Quizzes – helping students explore their career ideas and career personality type
- Careerpilot Job Sector Quiz
- Pearson Career choices
- Prospects Career Planner
- SACU Career Quiz
- icould Take the Buzz Quiz
Careers Resouces for Parents/Carers
- Heart of the South West Careers Hub – Information and support for parents/carers
- The parents’ guide to careers for National Careers Week 2021 provides parents with the information they need to help their teenage children make the right choices to create successful futures after GCSE and sixth form.